Privacy and Disclaimer for Rate-it cc
Some information contained in this website is informal, general, work-in-progress and is provided "as is" without any warranties. Rate-it expressly disclaims any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the contents and expressly disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The contents are not suitable for use in all situations and any use by you of the contents is at your own risk. Rate-it.co.za will not be liable for damages of any kind, including direct, consequential (including loss of profits, business or data) or special damages which may arise out of or result from reliance on or use of this information.
External websites linked to Rate-it.co.za are not the responsibility of said company. Information contained on linkage is provided as a courtesy and is not under the control of Rate-it.co.za.
The data, advice, and other information contained on Rate-it.co.za website is a compilation of inputs from the public that are regularly evaluated for authenticity but remain the opinions and judgments of users of the website and accordingly Rate-it can not take responsibility for the content.Rate-it cc and the other providers of information make no representations as to its accuracy or its completeness. Neither Rate-it cc nor its contributors to Rate-it.co.za website are responsible for any errors or omissions in content or for the results obtained from the use of such information. Each user is responsible for any decisions based on information contained in Rate-it.co.za website. Rate-it cc is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from a users' reliance on information obtained from Rate-it.co.za website.
The Sites are not targeted towards, or intended for use by anyone under the age of 16. By using the Sites you represent and warrant that you are 16 years of age or older. We reserve the right to terminate your membership in the event that Rate-it.co.za becomes aware you are under 16. Persons under 16 may not submit any personally identifiable information to us, and if we discover that we have inadvertently gathered such information, we will take the appropriate steps to delete it.
Use of Information
Information you provide to us is used by Rate-it.co.za to operate the website, provide you with information and services you request, and to communicate with you. We may, for example, use information you provide to target ads that we think you may be interested in, or send emails or text messages to you including newsletters and alerts. Your information may also be used to contact you when necessary, such as to assist you in your use of the rate-it.co.za website. You may always choose not to provide us with this information; however, this may limit our ability to provide you with a specific service.
The following information may be supplied to us by our users: domain name, personal name, email address and preferred means of communication. Rate-it.co.za uses this information for corporate contact communications such as newsletters or new product/service information. This information is also used for technical support. This information is also used to create a site that will better serve the needs of our users. Rate-it.co.za would like you to be aware that any personal information provided to us by users is not revealed to any third party without users' permission. As a member of Rate-it.co.za you will only be contacted through the Rate-it.co.za system. Upon request, Rate-it.co.za will remove users (and their information) from our database or permit them to opt-out of any further email or text message contact.
Questions About Our Policy
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect online. We do not store any customer information on a computer which has public access. All Rate-it.co.za employees and contractors fully understand and respect the privacy of our customers.
At any time, our users may later review or update any personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain, by updating this on line or by contacting us at info@Rate-it.co.za. We can only respond to those requests made from the same email address from which the original registration occurred. This is for our users' protection.
You can make a link to Rate-it.co.za.co.za without any permission.
34870(OUR SMS NO), RATE-IT, RATEIT, RATEITALL, HOTELREVIEW, and other Company names, graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Company in South Africa and/or other countries. Company's trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Rate-it cc.
General Member User Conduct
You understand that except for advertising programs offered by us on the Site (e.g., Rate-it Flyers promotional equipment, Rate-it R-bucks), the Service and the Site are available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
In addition, you agree not to use the Service or the Site to:
• harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
• use the Service or the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
• use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Service or the Site;
• upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
• register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;
• impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
• upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
• upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
• solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
• upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• intimidate or harass another;
• upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
• use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization from the Company, or create a false identity on the Service or the Site.
• upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
Without limiting any of the foregoing, you also agree to abide by the rate-it site disclaimer that provides further information regarding the authorized conduct of users on Rate-it.
R-bucks rewards special terms
Random draw entries can be made as points are earned and come available
R-bucks in real terms are not related to a rand value and are not redeemable for cash.
R-bucks are only redeemable from a selection of rewards put on offer by rate-it
R-buck rewards or products being offered on discount may change without notice
R-buck accommodation rewards may have to be taken up during certain periods of the year
R-buck rewards might be subject to a booking fee on accommodation
R-buck rewards never include travelling costs unless expressly stated
R-buck points earned in member accounts not actively used during a period of 12 months can be voided
The identification document of the member will have to be produced to redeem R-buck benefits
Rate-it will respect your privacy. Cell phone details will not be sent to any third party and City Lodge will not "spam" your mobile phone with non rate-it information.
We view SMS as a value-add tool for keeping you, the consumer in touch. You reserve the right to unsubscribe from any of the SMS notification options offered by rate-it.
Please note: At this time SMS messages are not sent to International networks